The Comfortable Vacation Home—Tips to Make the Most of Smaller Spaces
Your vacation property offers your family the perfect opportunity to escape the stresses of everyday life and create lasting memories. Whether it’s a beachfront condo or woodland cabin, vacation homes need to be comfortable and accessible. However, space limitations often create challenges when setting up an area to accommodate your needs. Even if your vacation home is small, you still can have all the amenities if you plan carefully and utilize smart storage strategies. Here are some ideas to get started:
- Think multipurpose when selecting furnishings. For example, platform beds with drawers on the bottom provide much-needed storage in bedrooms, while pull-out sofa beds allow for additional sleep space in common areas.
- Utilize vertical space. Every wall has shelving potential and when it comes to home entertainment, and TV lift mechanisms allow you to reduce the physical footprint of your electronics.
- Be realistic about how you spend your time while at your vacation home. If you eat out more often than you cook, maybe you don’t need that fully-stocked kitchen. Don’t waste valuable space with items that, in reality, will go unused.
- If you have young kids, you know that entertainment can become a tug-of-war between children and adults. If you are stuck inside on a rainy day, this is a recipe for misery. Consider adding small televisions to bedrooms so that everyone has a way to kick back and relax. Again, TV lifts can make this possible for even the smallest of spaces.
- Select furniture with smaller physical footprints to avoid an overcrowded feeling. This will help your space seem more open and comfortable.
While these are just a few tips for making your vacation property work for your family, remember that your space will be a work in progress for a while. As always, if you need electronics’ storage solutions, such as drop-down TV lifts or pop-up TV cabinets, Inca TV Lifts has products to solve the toughest design dilemmas. To learn more, contact us today!